Hello, Preschool Parents –
Welcome to 2013!! Here’s the latest preschool news.
It’s Flu Season! – The flu season appears to have started early and may be long if extended freezing temperatures do not happen soon. Although we love to see your children every day, the Preschool staff would like to remind parents to keep sick children at home. A few guidelines:
– A fever needs to have run its course and be gone for at least 24 hours without medication before returning your child to school. – Children who are coughing and sneezing often need to be kept at home. – If your child is placed on an antibiotic, the first dose should have been administered at least 24 hours before returning to school. Thank you – The teachers appreciate this as do the other families in attendance.
Upcoming Closings/Holidays – The preschool will be closed on Monday, January 21st for MLK Day. The preschool will also be closed on Monday, January 28th and Tuesday, January 29th for scheduled teacher work/training days. There will be no preschool classes on these days. Please mark your calendars accordingly.
Registration for Fall 2013 Preschool – Our Preschool registration for the 2013-2014 schoolyear will begin next week for current, sibling, and alumni families. You should receive registration information next week. The registration form will also be posted on our website here www.katydidkids.com/preschool/registration. Although registrations will be processed in the order received, you will have priority over the general public if submitted by February 12th. Our annual Preschool Open House (for new families) will be held on Thursday, February 21st from 10 AM till noon. We will begin processing registrations from new families on February 21st. Please pass this information on to your friends and family.
Scholastic Book Fair – Our Scholastic Book Fair (our biggest fundraiser) will be held on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, February, the 21, 22, and 23. The fair will be open from 10 to 6:30 on Thursday, 10 to 4 on Friday and 10 to 1 on Saturday. Please invite your family and friends to visit our book fair also. If you would like to help at the book fair, please contact Kate at the schoolhouse (703) 689-3104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon – It is teacher appreciation time at Farm School. Every year the Teacher Appreciation Committee hosts a very nice luncheon with a small gift for the teachers and staff of Farm School. This year’s luncheon which will be held Thursday, February 21st, will be coordinated by Stephanie Reed. You may be contacted by Stephanie or your room parent to assist in this effort. Contributions for teacher gifts can be placed in the donation box that will be located on the “Sign-in/Sign-out” table. If you would like to help with the luncheon, please contact Stephanie Reed Stephanie@Hassman.org.
February Tuition – Your February tuition payment is due February 1st. Next week you should receive a tuition statement which indicates the total amount due. You will also receive a pre-addressed envelope to mail your tuition payment. Please remember a late fee applies to any payment received after the 10th of the month. If paying by cash, please hand your payment to Kate at the desk and request a receipt at that time. If you have any billing questions, please contact Mindy at email@example.com.
Child Assessments/Parent Conferences – Our teachers have been busy conducting parent conferences to discuss skills assessments for each child. If you have not yet scheduled your conference and would like to, please ask your teacher.
Fall Preschool Tuition Statements – We are in the process of preparing Fall preschool tuition statements. They will be mailed to your home address at the end of this month. If your address has changed since the beginning of the schoolyear, please send any address changes to Mindy@Katydidkids.com.
Inclement Weather Policy – Although we hope we have no weather-related closings, here is our inclement weather policy:
- If Fairfax County Public Schools are delayed one hour: – Katydid Preschool morning classes will meet from 10:00am – 12:15pm – Katydid Preschool afternoon classes will meet from 1:00pm – 3:15pm
- If Fairfax County Public Schools are delayed two hours: – Katydid Preschool morning classes will meet from 10:45am – 12:45pm; Morning students should bring a lunch with them to preschool – Katydid Preschool afternoon classes will meet from 1:15pm – 3:15pm
- If Fairfax County Public Schools are closed: All Katydid Preschool classes are cancelled
- If Fairfax County Public Schools close early: – Katydid Preschool morning classes will end at the normal time – All afternoon classes are canceled.
That’s all the news for now. Have a great day!
The Preschool Staff